Getaway

Earlier this week I was able to get away for a few nights.
I drove up to Squamish, around 1.5 hours away from home.
It is a beautiful drive, once you get through Vancouver    ;)

I went for the second time to an adorable place in the woods called Sunwolf. It is a little bit past the town of Squamish, and away from the hubbub. A bunch of cabins nestled among the trees, along the edge of the river. Actually, where the Cheakamus and Cheekye Rivers meet!



Tress and water are my two favourite things. I find them so peaceful. Relaxing. Soothing to my soul.
The sound of the rapids stills the noise in my brain.




There is no internet there, so aside from what I used of my phone data, there was no netflix to waste my hours lol.

I spent countless hours outside. I lay on the sand by the river's edge. I read books and wrote thoughts in a book. I let my mind rest and wander.....





 I walked through the forest. I drank coffee and read books and magazines. I unplugged from life for a while....


I wanted to put a little welcome sign at the front of this hollowed out root for any fairy visitors!  ;)



While I fed my mind, I also concentrated on feeding my body. Breakfast consisted of eggs, avocado and gouda wrapped with prosciutto. Add some coffee and fruit and it kept me going for the rest of the day. You don't expend a lot of energy relaxing, so snacks was all that was required   :D


One day I went to Shannon Falls for another explore. I had been there last summer with the kids, and it was so pretty! I was by myself, so I couldn't do some hard core hiking with all the wildlife about. I stuck to the busy trails that led to the falls and went through to the gondola next door....
It was so pretty and so very very green!!!


New growth on a dead log made my heart smile...


Walking up to the falls


First glimpse!


A stair path leading up from the main viewing area that I haven't been up before? Yes please!!!


Well that was worth it! I was so close I could feel the spray from the falls....


A trail is always so compelling to me......


So. Much. Green!!!!!!



Three nights was not long enough, as there was so much to do and see out there. It was my dream to go on an aerial tour in a tiny plane, but it was just too costly for me at this time. I will one day!!!

The best part?
As any lower mainlander can understand....
Gas was a whopping 17 cents cheaper up there!!!!
I had a lot of fun putting gas in my tank.    ;) 





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts