Garden tour

For the first time in over five years, I have my own little piece of dirt! 
When I moved in to my townhome, the backyard was covered in snow, so I had no idea what was hiding underneath. 
When the snow was gone, I was happily surprised to see there was a little garden along the fence I could make my own! There was a tiny hedge of four cedars and a lilac tree already, which I had to work around. I would love to pull out the cedars as they aren't the best looking, but I have to go through strata for that lol
The lilac tree had a ton of shoots which I trimmed right down, and I cleaned out the old plant pots that were left there by the previous tenant. I kept one of the pots and threw out the rest. 
I bought some edging stones and new dirt to help new plants thrive.
I picked out some plants and the end result?
It went from this:


To this:


And this: 


To this:


I planted geraniums


and osteos


I planted petunias in the tall pot and added the one solar light I have lol


Under the lilac tree I added two hostas


and a stake to hold the hummingbird feeder!


On the deck I hung a hanging basket on the bracket that was left there



and added a glass birdie!


Since that spot gets the most sun, I added some pots with herbs.



I have a pot with just basil, because it's my favourite!  :) 


I love sitting outdoors with a coffee, reading a book, listening to the birds and watching the squirrels....
It is my little happy spot! I can't wait for the gardens to fill in and look forward to lots of outdoor time this year!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts