Because you have lived.....

Today was more than an ordinary day.

The weather was dreary but I still managed to get outside before it really started pouring to get more work done in my garden (pictures will be posted another time!).
I puttered around my house, changed some light bulbs, did some laundry, watched netflix.
I surfed the internet and spent some time chatting with a couple friends.
I was sent a poem with some of the most powerful words I have ever read.
It struck me as so incredibly profound I had to share it with you.

It is written by Ralph Waldo Emerson.
I now need to buy a book of his poetry!


Today the last two lines really resonate with me.
You never know when or if you will change someone else's life in any given moment.

To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded!

A compliment given to a random stranger may make their day.
A hand stretched out to a friend who seems down may make their world a little brighter.
Open ears and eyes can turn someone's upside down world a little bit more right side up again......

And on the other side it shows your life has meaning too! Even in your darkest days, or when you wish you could just quit breathing altogether, you are never alone. Whether it is a child, parent, family, friends....... success is realizing you aren't ever alone in your fight. 
And in your fight, you can also help others.

Perhaps that is what Emerson is trying to say here. No matter how hard your life is, still find the magic that is hiding in it. Live your best life, be the best you that you can be, and hopefully inspire others along the way!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts